Saturday, June 25, 2011

Zoo, Vacation, and Cars... Oh My!

Well, as expected, the summer is flying by! Last week Kara and I took the kids to the zoo. They had a blast... even Jakson! 




Monday I took Jon-Mical and Jakson to visit my mom in West Tennessee. She lives way out in the country and is always talking about hunting and fishing and four-wheeler riding, etc... needless to say, I was a little nervous about being out in that. I DO like to be outside. I like to play softball and swim and exercise, but I have not spent a lot of my life OUT in the country. I was nervous about how the boys were going to be in a new place. I took Jon-Mical on Monday and had to DRAG HIM AWAY kicking and screaming on Friday! He LOVES it there! We rode the four-wheeler (I drove him around!!!). We hiked around outside. He even fished and baited his own hook! I rode a four-wheeler for the first time and also shot a gun at some BOTTLES! I know that this does not seem like much, but this was all a very big deal for me! I have always thought that motorcycles and four-wheelers are dangerous (and I still do) but I still drove one and even drove Jon-Mical around! I also have NEVER been big on guns... I have very strong opinions on shooting animals and so I lumped all gun use in with hunting and that is NOT the case! I really enjoyed shooting glass bottles and I am quite good, to be honest! :) All in all, this was a very fun trip! It was good to see my mom and her husband and my brother and his family! We really had fun!








Today Josh and I took Jon-Mical to see Cars 2 at the theater. He loved it! Kachow!










No comments:

Post a Comment