Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer...

Well, the second week of summer break was very eventful! It has been SO HOT these last few days! Wow! It just seems like the weather is so much more extreme now than when I was a kid... tornadoes, floods, snow, HEAT, etc... Anyway, to beat the heat I took the boys to the pool a few days. Jon-Mical LOVES the pool! He wears "water wings" and loves to swim around. He is getting pretty good at jumping off of the side of the pool, and he even jumped off of the diving board a few times! Jakson loves the water too! I got him out in the pool a few times, but then he spent the rest of the day napping under an umbrella in MiMi's lap! I think that I am going to have 2 water babies!

This weekend Dad, Ben, Carra, and Luke came in for a visit. They actually came to watch the Vanderbilt baseball team play in the super regional NCAA tournament. Ben bought tickets for dad as a RETIREMENT gift! Yay! My dad has finally retired! Anyway, Vandy won both games and are now headed to the College World Series.

 Today ended the weekend. The family left. I got my house back in order. Everything is clean and we are ready to start week 3. We napped, went to the playground, took a good walk, and grilled some big steaks... a great end to a great week! What will week 3 hold???


Here is my water baby!



WORN OUT from swimming :)


  
Here is my other water baby... already asleep!



This is where we sat at the Vandy game! Nice retirement gift, Ben! We had a great time!



Just a picture of Jakson, Carra, and Cousin Luke!


No comments:

Post a Comment