Friday, May 13, 2011

Well, we have a first...

Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a first... Let me start from the beginning... Last night we are all sitting in the living room. Jon-Mical says that he has to pee. He goes into the bathroom and does his thing and then two or three minutes later he walks back into the living room and sits down. Josh and I happen to look up at him at the same time and we see that his cheeks have some kind of blank gunk smeared all over them. The black gunk is also all over his fingers and shirt. I immediately ask Jon-Mical what was all over his face. (Let me preface this story by saying that I asked him with a very nice, almost laughy tone... at first...) I say, "Jon-Mical, what is all over your face?" He looks RIGHT INTO MY EYES and says, "Nothing." I look at Josh and then look right back at Jon-Mical and ask him again... he answers, "Nothing." At this point I scoop him up and carry him into the bathroom, set him on the counter, point his face toward the mirror and point to the black on his cheek... (I immediately assumed that SURELY he just didn't understand my questions before...) So, with my finger pointing to his cheek, I ask again. "Jon-Mical, what is this black stuff all over your face?" He says (looking DIRECTLY at the black stuff), "Nothing." I then say, "So, you don't see any black stuff on your face?" He looks and then, AGAIN, looks me right in the eyes and says, "No." WHAT?!?!? Josh and I look at each other with looks of absolute shock! Is our child actually lying right to our faces!?!? Surely not!?!? We then ask him probably ten more times and he lies ten more times... wow! This is a first! Our sweet, perfect, innocent three year old just looked into our faces... the faces of the two people in the world that love him the most and would do anything for him... and LIED to us! I immediately took out my phone and took a picture of his face and sent it to my parents and to Josh's parents... I should have seen this coming... about TEN seconds later my dad calls and I can hear the excitement in his voice as he says, "Ha! This won't be the last time either!" I must have lied to him a few times, and I honestly believe that he has been just sitting back and waiting until he could make that phone call! :) 


Well, needless to say, while I was busy taking pictures of Jon-Mical's face and texting them to our families, Josh administered a pretty hard spanking... probably the hardest one that Jon-Mical has received to-date... I am guessing that it worked (for now, right dad?) because Jon-Mical ran around all day today saying, "I have to tell the truth!" over and over again... 


Round one: Parents 1 - Kid 0





No comments:

Post a Comment