Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is Jesus a Pirate???

I love the fact that Jon-Mical is in school. I love that he comes home every day spouting off random information that he learns in school. I love that he is such a good listener... most of the time... so the facts are usually dead-on and amaze me and Josh. He literally walks in the door every day with new knowledge. He is a little questioning sponge! The other day, however, he got his facts a little mixed up...

The other day Jon-Mical walked into the kitchen and told me that when people die we put them in the ground. (Now, I am all about Jon-Mical learning the facts of life, but I did kind of want to shield him from some of the more harsh things that we all eventually have to learn. I like the fact that right now, he thinks the world is perfect. He does not (did not) know about death or sickness or pain or hurt or disease, etc.. I, honestly, without the risk of sheltering him, want to keep him as innocent as I can for as long as I can!) Anyway, apparently at school he learned a little bit about death. He said that when people and animals die we put them in the ground. Then he said that Jesus swoops down (maybe like Superman???) and takes the dead people out of the ground and they become His treasure! I see where Jon-Mical's teacher is going with this... buried treasure... buried people... Jesus' buried treasure. It is a neat and age-appropriate concept of death and after-life... eexxcceepptt for the fact that many of these kids watch a very popular TV show called, "Jake and the Neverland Pirates." So here is how the rest of the conversation went...

Jon-Mical told me that when people die we bury them in the ground and then Jesus swoops down and digs them up... along with the gold doubloons... and takes them to Heaven to be His treasure! HA HA!!!

So, my mom recently had a pet that died, and they buried him in the ground. Jon-Mical is convinced that he is down there with gold doubloons around him and that Jesus is going to take His buried treasure to Heaven.

Kids... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment