Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer is coming to an end???

Well, despite the temperature, my summer is coming to an end... sigh... For such an uneventful summer, it has been GREAT! I have had so much fun playing every day with my two boys. I have been trying to blog/document everything that is going on, but I am finding it hard to think of anything blog-worthy... I feel like my blog every day would read, "Well, today we woke up, played in the living room while eating breakfast, cleaned the house, ate lunch while watching Curious George, the kids napped and I cleaned or caught up on my DVR, played a little more, Josh came home, played a little more, (maybe) ventured outside, cooked dinner, ate, played, bathed, went to bed..." That is pretty much our daily routine. I would have loved to have been outside all summer long and I feel like I have been a horrible mother to Jon-Mical, but Jakson is just miserable in this heat! He is whiny and makes us all cranky, so we just play inside. 
Anyway, there have been a few moments worth documenting...


Jon-Mical got a super-short, big boy haircut. I don't like it very much! I just love the shaggy look...




My mom came to visit and help me out for the week that Josh was gone on his mission trip. We, of course, went to Camino Real...



Jakson is just growing and changing every day! He is SO CLOSE to sitting up all by himself! I do NOT want to wish his life away, but I am very ready for this to happen. I know that this will make my life a lot easier!







Yesterday we did have a little excitement... The four of us were sitting/playing/talking on our bed when Josh got home from work. Jakson was lying on the bed and Jon-Mical was playing with Mater (of course) and he "drove" Mater right into the side of Jakson's head. Jakson immediately SCREAMED and we scooped him up and were tending to him when I looked over and noticed that Jon-Mical is crying SO BADLY and trying not to... He was pitiful! I know that it was an accident and he felt so badly about it! He kissed Jakson and told him that he was sorry, but I actually felt more sorry for Jon-Mical than Jakson! 



Jon-Mical is such a good sleeper! We have a such a good routine at bedtime and nap time. We take him upstairs and talk about the day that we had, say our prayers and each say something that we are thankful for, and then kisses and lights out... Jon-Mical never complains. He tells us goodnight and rolls over and goes to bed... We are very blessed to have it this easy, I know... So yesterday we were playing in his Thomas tent and nap time rolled around. I suggested that he take a nap in his tent... he, of course, loved the idea... it went well!





Lastly... Josh is not going to like this part, but I thought it was funny! Jon-Mical is very intrigued by my make-up drawer... I guess it is the brushes, colors, tweezers, "paints", etc. He always asks me what it is all for and I tell him that it helps Mommy look pretty. He is fascinated. So, today he asked if he could play with it... I thought that maybe if he played with it, it would eliminate some of the mystery or whatever it is about this freakin' drawer! So, I let him play with it. He pulled his potty bench over to the mirror and I let him put on some of it... I was right! He played for about a minute and then was ready to go in the other room and play... I did get to snap a few pics to embarrass him in a few years!





1 comment:

  1. I miss you sooo much and your words of wisdom lol and your kids are so blessed to have a mother like you. i love this blog thing you have, your kids are beautiful and i hope everything is going great

    ReplyDelete