Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Time has flown!

Well, I knew this would happen. I ALWAYS have the best intentions! I started scrapbooking... two days later I threw all of the scrapbook stuff in the closet. Too time-consuming. I started couponing. I bought the notebook and the baseball card sleeves. We started two newspaper subscriptions. This lasted about a month. We cancelled the newspaper subscriptions and the notebook is in my kitchen junk drawer. I started blogging. Then life got in the way and I have not blogged since October... Boo! MANY things have happened since my last post. I will attempt to remember the highlights...

Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went like a blur. We had a great time! We went to Ben and Carra's for Thanksgiving. The kids are really starting to play together. They are so cute and will, hopefully, be good friends as they grow. Christmas was great too! We actually had a new rule this year. The adults gave ZERO gifts to each other. We all gave gifts to the kids... Jon-Mical, Jakson, and Luke. It made this year so stress-free! Christmas has become a gift card exchange for most of us, and none of us need anything! It was so great to be able to just get together and hang out and enjoy being together. Jon-Mical and Jakson, of course, were showered with TOO MANY presents. This is the first year that Jon-Mical has shown a serious interest in Santa. So, not only did mom and Dad go overboard with gifts, but Santa did as well! That darn Santa! Here are a few pics...


Christmas morning was a lot of fun and very entertaining! We woke up to a wonderful Christmas morning filled with squeals and excitement. Santa ate the chocolate chip cookies and double chocolate milk that Jon-Mical made. He read the note that Jon-Mical left and wrote him a little reply. Jon-Mical was very excited about the STACK of toys that Santa left... Jakson was just excited because Jon-Mical was excited! We had Christmas music playing and candles lit. I just sat down in the floor with my first cup of coffee when Josh, who was busy putting a toy together with a screwdriver, yelled. Thirty minutes later I took this picture...

Josh stabbed a screwdriver into his left hand. He needed 4 stitches. It was pretty nasty, but I had to laugh at him a little bit too! The rest of Christmas day was pretty normal and fun. We ate a lot of food and played a lot of games and put together a lot of toys!

Immediately after Christmas, I began planning Jon-Mical's birthday party! he turned 4 this year and had his first BIG birthday party! He wanted to invite all of his school friends! We had a great time! It was a race car birthday party. We played "Pin the Race Car on the Track" and ate pizza and cake... and maybe candy from the "Candy Bar." :)





Jakson is doing great! He is crawling around and pulling up on everything! He loves his new mobility... more than Mommy does! He is a busy bee! He also has discovered a new love... swinging! He could swing at Mimi and Poppy C's for hours! He also had fun in a hammock swing...



Well, that's about it...
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

1 comment: