Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Life these days...

First of all, I do not know why these pictures are so small. I do not have time to mess with it, so I am just going to leave them the way that they are. We have been busy and happy these past few months! Halloween was great! We also went to the Pumpkin Patch during the month of October. It was great! Jon-Mical and Jakson both had a great time. So did Mommy, Daddy, SuSu, and Wayne! There are Pumpkin Patch pics on both sides of this little paragraph... no idea why...








My nephew, Luke, turned one last month! He is growing up so fast! He loved his birthday cake as you can see... and so did Jon-Mical and Jakson! We had a fun trip to West TN to celebrate!








This is just a cute picture of Jakson doing what he loves best... watching TV! :)




We are still going strong with Family Game Night... even though it has now turned into almost every night of the week. Jon-Mical is on such a board game kick right now! He now has CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, Perfection, Sorry, and Trouble! And I'm pretty sure Santa is bringing him 2 more, Mommy and Daddy are giving him one, and SuSu has one for him. Good Grief.






In all of this fun we did have a pretty nasty few days. Here is the story... (If you are squeemish, stop reading...)
Jon-Mical is a GREAT sleeper! Well, 2 weeks ago on a Thursday night he woke up crying. Josh went upstairs to find that Jon-Mical had thrown up ALL OVER his bed... I mean ALL OVER! Now, JM is known in our family to have a VERY sensitive gag reflex. He coughs too hard and throws up. A noodle slides down some crazy way and he throws up. He sniffs too hard and throws up. He trips over a rug and throws up... well, maybe not that easily. Needless to say, throw up is not an uncommon thing around our house... I never heard JM cough. I knew he was asleep, so I knew that this was not your run-of-the-mill vomit! From around midnight on Thursday night until around 9:00am on Friday JM threw up every thirty minutes on the dot. He slacked off around 9 or 10 am and just became lethargic. He was only drinking. Oh, also we had planned a trip to Chattanooga for the weekend. We planned to leave Friday afternoon and return Sunday afternoon. OK, so I went to work on Friday and Josh stayed home with the boys. By the time I left work and called home on Friday afternoon, Josh told me that JM had not thrown up all day and that all seemed to be well. We decided that it was a 24 hour thing and that we were going to try to go to Chattanooga anyway... ten minutes after I walked in the door, JM threw up again, and again, and again. Around 9:00 that night he was again fine and BEGGING to go to Chattanooga. We told him that if he could make it through the night without throwing up and then keep breakfast down Saturday morning we would go. He did and we did. The drive up was BEAUTIFUL! The place was BEAUTIFUL! JM immediately got in a canoe and floated off into the sunset with PoppyC. We all had a wonderful time... for the first two hours that we were there! TTHHEENNN.... Jakson threw up. In the time that it took for us to decide that we needed to get Jakson home and that JM was going to stay there with MiMi and PoppyC, Jakson threw up around 10 more times! He was P-I-T-I-F-U-L! He would just lay his head down in a big bowl and cry... pitiful! We made it out the door. Our plan was awful but necessary... I drove and Josh HELD Jakson in his lap in the front seat and let him throw up in a huge bowl. We were riding along, talking, feeling sorry for our pitiful 9 month old... just chatting away when... I threw up! We were about 30 minutes outside of Chattanooga and about 30 minutes from Murfreesboro. THOSE WERE THE WORST 30 MINUTES OF MY LIFE. Jakson was crying and throwing up and crying and throwing up... I had to pull over numerous times and throw up on the interstate and then drive like the dickins during those brief euphoric minutes post-vomit before the nausea set back in... It was miserable. We did make it home. I got straight out of the car, threw up in the driveway, and climbed into bed. I reemerged around 7:00 the next morning after a night of hurling to find Josh and Jakson asleep on the couch. After another vomit in the kitchen sink and a quick sip of water, I turned around to find Josh standing there handing me Jakson... I was going to have to watch him the rest of the day because JOSH RAN TO THROW UP. Sooo.... we all got it. We are still alive. Here is a pic of JM... :)







Jakson is drinking out of a Sippy Cup!!! Yay!!!! My goal is to be completely done with bottles by Christmas time!!!! Whew!!!



A picture of the boys + Cousin Luke in West TN during Thanksgiving Break... CUTIES!



No comments:

Post a Comment